Sunday, July 18, 2010

On publishing writing to the web...

July 18, 2010
It occurred to me in a Spanish airport a couple of days ago that perhaps it's time to jump on the social media bandwagon and start a blog. I've never really read blogs, and those that I have read struck me as self-indulgent, poorly-edited ramblings. So in the spirit of global, new-media sharing in an efficient, hopefully meaningful way, I am starting "If On a Winter's Night, A Traveler" (the title of an Italo Calvino book) to share:
1. a few remarkable/evocative/resonant moments from my travels
2. information on interesting projects I'm learning about or working on
3. music and cultural events that inspire me

My goal is to keep each post as concise as possible, and to keep the entries focused on the thoughts that seem only to be inspired by the wonders of travel.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment