Saturday, September 25, 2010

September in New York: Surfing for Peace Documentary

September 25, 2010
Tomorrow brings me to the screening of "God Went Surfing with the Devil," a documentary of Surfing for Peace/Explore Corps' project to bring surfboards to Gaza and teach young people there how to surf. I had sat next to the director of Explore Corps- Matt Olsen- on my flight back from Israel in August, and he told me a little about his program and some of the challenges he's encountered over the last two years in trying to get the surfboards through security and into Gaza. Once again, I feel so inspired by people like him who are going out and trying to make life a little better for people by providing stimulating and enriching learning opportunities.
Check out Matt's work here: http://www.explorecorps.org/Home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment