Friday, October 8, 2010

Yoga Teacher Training

October 8, 2010
I have been practicing yoga for many years. It began with Sivananda, until I discovered Iyengar with my teacher and dear friend Elizabeth Smullens in Berlin (check out her classes at Yoga Studio if you're there).

I started teaching friends a couple of years ago, and loved bringing what I had learned from Iyengar about alignment to people who had never been taught how to do poses correctly. I wanted to get a teacher certification so I could share this practice that has benefited me so much in my life with others.

I found a gem of a studio in the East Village called Finding Sukha Yoga School, and I can't speak about it highly enough. I'm now immersed in a weekend teacher training, with a small group led by the studio's wonderful, nurturing owners Sarah and Shaun, and it has been such a blessing. I'm learning again how to be a good listener, learner, sharer, and teacher. I come back from class teaching friends little things I learned that day, and I can't wait to get my hands on a full class!

Please come take a class at this perfect community studio (mostly Vinyasa style, but so nurturing and conscious of individuals' needs). Read my reviews on Yelp and Citysearch.

No comments:

Post a Comment